Friday, April 22

Green cleaning: homemade all-purpose cleaner

I used to be friends with Mr Clean, Tilex and good old-fashioned Comet. We had some good times, until I started to cough every time we got together. That's when I realized what a bad influence they were on me, my family and the environment. So, I've made some new friends, ones that treat me right.

There are tons of recipes on the internet for homemade all purpose cleaners. I've tried a few, and after some trial and error I figured out a combo that works the best for our everyday messes. It's great for keeping our black stove and fridge nice and shiny, too. Best of all, it hardly costs a thing.

Homemade all-purpose cleaner
1 Tb. Dr. Bronner's pure castile liquid soap or 2 Tb. EcoMax dishwashing liquid (I like orange)
1/2 cp white vinegar
2 cps water

Put everything into a spray bottle, shake a little, and you're done.

And speaking of Dr. Bronner, if you've never tried their products, what the heck are you waiting for?! They're awesome. Our friend Mikel introduced us to the good doctor a few years back and we've been converts ever since. Peppermint is our fave, but I'll bet the others are just as great.

In New Westminster you can pick up a bottle at Donald's Market, or Whole Foods if you're in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment